Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sewing Sweetness

So, my friend Joy over at The Goose Beary Shop (etsy) & Redirected Dreams (blog) helped me with a gift recently. If anyone actually knows me in real life, they know the idea of me sewing is as far fetched as the idea of Politicians telling the truth (ha). We have some friends who are expecting their very first child this winter. I wanted to give them something that really mattered. I would have painted something, but they are not finding out the gender... so I wouldn't really know what to do. I don't think anyone really wants a brown plaque that says "baby" on their wall.

I knew Joy could help me because, well, she's like my saving grace! Not only did she come up with some awesome ideas(... YES, plural.. because she just kept making more & more! Have I mentioned that she is my saving grace?) but she also *drum roll please* TAUGHT me how to use the sewing machine.

I don't know that you genuinely understand the seriousness of this issue.
It was like watching Chuck Norris bake a cake.

Anyway. So, I got the wonderful privilege of making a receiving blanket with two matching burp cloths. Joy, in all of her angelic kindness however, made: a sock monkey, a cell phone holder, a teething rag doll, & an infants ball.

So. Here are the pictures
& if you're interested in Joy's handmade work, please visit her etsy The Goose Beary Shop for more goodies & order something from this wonderful momma! (Sorry, Joy, I don't know how to link your pages, or I would have.)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun helping you with this and watching you gain confidence on the sewing machine! You will be making all kinds of things before you know it!

    ReplyDelete