Friday, October 1, 2010

Momma

Painting has been so slow lately. Life, on the other hand, has not. I am trying to find the balance of doing things I enjoy & enjoying the things that I do.

Does that make sense?

This weekend is going to be great. Dear friends of ours are coming from North Carolina. They are expecting so we decided to throw them a baby "party"... because that is more manly that a shower. Haha. My amazing friend came to my rescue & helped me with a gift. She taught me how to use a sewing machine! Oh my word... it has been a long time coming. I am so proud of myself, but mostly just thankful for her. She spent all day helping me make goodies. Truthfully, I only made a couple of the items, the rest was her. She is such a generous person. I thank God for her presence in my life.

I can't show you pictures yet, because I have to give it to the mother-to-be first! But I will, as soon as I can.

I do have one new piece of art to show you. I painted this for my mother. She doesn't get to see my daughter often & it was her birthday. It happens to be one of my husband's favorites so far. What do you think?
Photobucket
Pine frame. Acrylic paints. Gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment