Thursday, October 21, 2010

'SIGN'ificant Difference

I am currently working on door signs for this Holiday Season. I am so excited about this. The wood is absolutely wonderful to paint on-just like canvas. I am having a blast painting these, and it's been a while since I enjoyed painting!

I am mostly excited about these signs because they have meaning. Not just because they are (hopefully) reminding people to be thankful & merry during the holidays. I think these paintings have value because 30% of the proceeds will be donated to my mother in order to help pay for her medicine.

Let me explain. My mom has a lung disease called Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Basically, the blood vessels which take blood to her lungs do not dilate. She also has a hole in her heart the size of a half dollar. Needless to say... she is having a hard time. The medicine for her PAH costs $30,000 a year.... after insurance. So whatever we can do to help, we do!


The signs are reversible. One side (pictured) is for the Thanksgiving season. The other side will be navy blue with white lettering which reads, "Merry Christmas". I have not yet finished the Christmas side, so I don't have a picture to show for it. If a reversible sign is purchased, it is $50. However, you can opt to just get a Thanksgiving or just a Christmas sign for $25. I put this information up yesterday and have already made 5 orders! I am so excited to finish these & celebrate this season, merry & bright!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment